By Matti Weckström
This publication offers a multidisciplinary method of cardiac mechanotransduction. The chapters depict the various faces of the subject, from membrane and ion channel point to mechanics, biochemical signaling and rules through hormone platforms. Cardiac Mechanotransduction is of curiosity to uncomplicated lifestyles sciences, like body structure, biochemistry and pharmacology, but additionally to clinicians operating with heart-related difficulties, equivalent to cardiologists and internists.
Read or Download Cardiac Mechanotransduction (Medical Intelligence Unit) PDF
Best cardiovascular books
Major clinicians and researchers from worldwide evaluation the total scope of present advancements, study, and medical controversy concerning the ideas and functions of cardiac CT. Richly illustrated with various black-and-white and colour photographs, the ebook discusses the translation of CT photographs of the center in various scientific, physiological, and pathological purposes.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It offers an entire scientific dictionary protecting countless numbers of phrases and expressions in terms of blood typing. It additionally provides large lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it presents details to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing a number of web assets.
This new version of the bestselling step by step advent to cardiac pacemakers now comprises extra fabric on CRT and an accompanying site. It keeps the powerful use of full-page illustrations and brief reasons that won the e-book such huge, immense reputation and now offers info on contemporary advances in cardiac pacing, together with biventricular pacing for the remedy of center failure.
This comprehensively covers every little thing from pathophysiology to the evaluate of sufferers proposing with center failure to scientific administration, machine treatment, middle transplantation and mechanical circulatory help, and contain suitable cardiac imaging reviews equivalent to echocardiograms and magnetic resonance imaging experiences that may be visible of their entirety in addition to pathology slides, hemodynamic tracings and video clips of cardiac surgical procedure akin to center transplants and ventricular help machine implantation.
- Pathophysiology of Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical, Interventional and Investigational Thrombocardiology (Fundamental and Clinical Cardiology)
- Special Topics in Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Arrhythmias: Practical Notes on Interpretation and Treatment
- Mayo Clinic Guide to Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Additional resources for Cardiac Mechanotransduction (Medical Intelligence Unit)
Browe D M , Baumgarten C M . Angiotensin II (ATI) receptors and N A D P H oxides regulate CI' SAC elicited by p i integrin stretch in rabbit ventricular myocytes. J Gen Physiol 2004; 124:273-287. 99. Ingber D E . Tensegrity: T h e architectural basis of cellular mechanotransduction. Annu Rev Physiol 1997; 59:575-599. 100. Glogauer M , Ferrier J, McCulloch GAG. Magnetic fields applied to collagen-coated ferric oxide beads induce stretch-activated Ca^* flux in fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 1995; 269:C1093-C1104.
Activation and inactivation of mechanosensitive currents in the chick heart. J Membr Biol 2000; 173:237-254. 93. Browe D M , Baumgarten C M . Stretch of p i integrin activates an outwardly-rectifying chloride current via FAK and Src in rabbit ventricular myocytes. J Gen Physiol 2003; 122:689-702. 94. Tseng G N . Cell swelling increases membrane conductance of canine cardiac cells: Evidence for a volume-sensitive CI channel. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 1992; 262:C1056-C1068. 95. Kamkin A, Kiseleva I, Isenberg G.
49. O'Connell A D , Morton MJ, Hunter M . Two-pore domain K* channels-molecular sensors. Biochim Biophys Acta 2002; 1566:152-161. 50. Lesage F, Terrenoire C, Romey G et al. H u m a n T R E K 2 , a 2P domain mechano-sensitive K* channel vsdth multiple regulations by polyunsaturated fatty acids, lysophospholipids, and Gs, G,, and Gq protein-coupled receptors. J Biol Chem 2000; 275:28398-28405. 24 Cardiac Mechanotransduction 5 1 . Fink M, Duprat F, Lesage F et al. Cloning, functional expression and brain localization of a novel unconventional outward rectifier K* channel.
Cardiac Mechanotransduction (Medical Intelligence Unit) by Matti Weckström