By Bernard Lightman
The Wiley Blackwell better half to the background of Science is a unmarried quantity spouse that discusses the background of technology because it is completed at the present time, supplying a survey of the debates and matters that dominate present scholarly dialogue, with contributions from major foreign scholars.
- Provides a single-volume evaluation of present scholarship within the heritage of technology edited through one of many major figures within the field
- Features 40 essays via best overseas students delivering an outline of the main debates and advancements within the background of science
- Reflects the shift in the direction of deeper old contextualization in the field
- Helps converse and combine views from the heritage of technological know-how with different components of historic inquiry
- Includes dialogue of non-Western topics that are built-in in the course of the chapters
- Divided into 4 sections in response to key analytic different types that mirror new ways within the field
Read or Download A companion to the history of science PDF
Best methodology & statistics books
DNA within the nucleus of plant and animal cells is kept within the kind of chromatin. Chromatin and the Chromatin remodelling enzymes play an incredible function in gene transcription.
`The authors may be congratulated for not just providing a good travel de strength of state of the art paintings in social community research, but in addition charting a few new attainable territories for destiny organizational examine' - surroundings and making plans Social Networks and firms offers a compact advent to significant innovations within the sector of organizational social networks.
The internet is crucial to many human actions and infringes on many others: at domestic, and at paintings, together with schooling and examine. hyperlinks among sites can be utilized in details technology and social technological know-how learn as a necessary resource of facts approximately on-line phenomena, and approximately on-line elements of offline phenomena.
Background, Wild Mice, and Genetics, the 1st quantity within the 4 quantity set, The Mouse in Biomedical examine, offers information regarding the heritage, biology and genomics of the laboratory mouse (Mus musculus), in addition to uncomplicated details on upkeep and use of mouse shares. Mouse origins and relationships are coated in chapters on historical past, evolutionary taxonomy and wild mice.
- Design Research: Synergies from Interdisciplinary Perspectives
- Seeing Things: The Philosophy of Reliable Observation
- The Translator as Communicator
- Preparation of compounds labeled with tritium and carbon-14
Extra resources for A companion to the history of science
2015. Haeckel’s Embryos: Images, Evolution, and Fraud. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. Hopwood, Nick, Simon Schaffer, and James A. ) 2010. ” History of Science, 48, No. 3–4: 251–85. ) 1998. Archives of the Scientific Revolution: The Formation and Exchange of Ideas in Seventeenth-Century Europe. Woodbridge: Boydell Press. ) 2012. Studies in the Making of Islamic Science: Knowledge in Motion. Aldershot: Ashgate. ) 2013. Observing the World through Images: Diagrams and Figures in the Early-Modern Arts and Sciences.
One of these was the Duke Huan of Qi, who is said to have appointed some from among his learned guests to serve as ministers in his government. Another famous example is that of Lu Buwei who, as chancellor of Qin, reportedly collected some 3000 guests. In this position, he oversaw the production of the encyclopedic Springs and Autumns of Master Lu. This is the social background in which the ideas that later formed the basis of the Chinese cosmological synthesis were originally generated (Lloyd and Sivin 2002, 253–71).
Science for the Masses: The Bolshevik State, Public Science, and the Popular Imagination in Soviet Russia, 1917–1934. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University Press. Antognazza, Maria Rosa. 2009. Leibniz: An Intellectual Biography. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. , Gregory John Downey, and Stephen Vaughn. 2012. Science in Print: Essays on the History of Science and the Culture of Print. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. Bazerman, Charles. 1988. Shaping Written Knowledge: The Genre and Activity of the Experimental Article in Science.
A companion to the history of science by Bernard Lightman